Terms & Conditions
1. Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
- This website (”website”) is owned and operated by the Directors & Editors Guild of Aotearoa New Zealand Incorporated (“DEGANZ”). By registering you accept these Terms and Conditions.
- DEGANZ may modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Such amendments will be effective immediately upon posting of the amended Terms and Conditions on the website.
2. Your obligations
Registration and profile
- Access to some services or content may require you to register as a user of the DEGANZ website and / or for you to have a current profile on the website. You will be allocated a user ID and password that is personal to you.
- You agree that you are responsible for maintaining the security of your confidential login information and for any activity that occurs on or through your profile. You also agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your profile.
- You may delete your profile at any time and if you do so, any material or comments posted by you will remain on the DEGANZ website but will show that an anonymous user contributed them.
3. Your Use of Content on the Website
- All content on the website except User Content (as defined in 4.1 below) including text, graphics, logos, icons, sound recordings, the software, knowhow, and other material underlying and forming part of the website (DEGANZ Content) are owned by, or licensed to, DEGANZ.
- This website is for your personal, professional and educational use only. The DEGANZ content on the web site and allied services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. You may not without our prior written permission, in any form or by any means:
- Adapt, reproduce, copy, store, distribute, print, display, perform, publish or create derivative works from any part of this website and its accompanying weekly email e-bulletin; or
- Commercialise, copy or on-sell any information, or items obtained from any part of this web site and its accompanying weekly email e-bulletin.
- User Content is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis and is owned by or licensed to the party that submitted it. You may access the User Content for your personal, professional and educational use only, as intended through the functionality provided by the website. You agree not to copy or distribute the User Content other than as contemplated by the website and in particular you agree not to use, copy, or distribute any User Content for your own commercial purpose.
4. Submitting Content and Commenting on Other People’s Submitted Content
- As a registered user of the website, you will be able to submit a variety of content to the website yourself, as well as being able to post comments on other people’s content and comments (all of which is defined as “User Content”).
- Where your User Content includes any copyrighted works, patents, trademarks or any other property in which intellectual property rights are recognized, you represent and warrant that you either own such content or have the necessary rights or authority to submit the content to the website and for it to be used as contemplated by the website and these terms and conditions.
- You represent and warrant that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, or subject to third party proprietary or other rights, including rights of confidentiality or privacy, unless you are the owner of such rights or are authorised by the owner.
- You represent and warrant that you will not submit comments or other material that is defamatory or infringing of the rights of third parties in any other way.
- By submitting User Content to the website or DEGANZ, you grant DEGANZ a revocable, worldwide royalty free license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and / or distribute such content in connection with the website and the business carried out by DEGANZ. In addition you grant each visitor to the website a non-exclusive license to access your User Content through the website and to use such content in the manner contemplated by the website.
- You agree that DEGANZ is not responsible for any of the opinions expressed in any comments, reviews, stories and other material posted on the website. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any opinions posted by you or any third party.
5. Removing content
- DEGANZ reserves the right to remove any User Content for any reason whatsoever at its discretion.
- Without limiting paragraph 5.1 above, DEGANZ will remove User Content where it knows or has reason to believe that the User Content contains copyrighted material that has not been authorised by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- DEGANZ welcomes information from its users and members about content on the site that may be causing concern for any reason. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nonetheless, DEGANZ assumes no responsibility for monitoring content on the DEGNZ website.
6. Commercial uses
- The DEGANZ website must not be used as a means for users, members and visitors to generate access, subscription and / or advertising revenue from material posted and / or generated by DEGANZ.
7. Warranties and limitations of liability
- You acknowledge that DEGANZ makes no warranties and disclaims all implied warranties to the maximum extent permitted by law, in connection with the website and your use of it. DEGNZ makes no warranties or representations as to the accuracy of any information on the website or other websites linked to the DEGANZ website. You agree that DEGANZ does not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person in connection with the DEGANZ website, or your use of or inability to use this website. You specifically acknowledge that DEGANZ does not have liability for the User Content or the illegal, offensive, or defamatory conduct of any third party.
- You agree to release, indemnify and keep indemnified DEGANZ from and against all actions, claims, costs losses, proceedings, damages, liabilities, or demands suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with your use of the website, and/or arising from your breach of any of the warranties given in these Terms and Conditions or your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions in any other way.
- DEGANZ may modify, alter or otherwise update these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Such amendments will be effective immediately upon the posting of the amended Terms and Conditions on this website
9. Entire Agreement
- These Terms and Conditions supersede all previous conditions, understandings, commitments, agreements and representations whatsoever whether oral or written.
- They constitute the entire agreement between the parties, relating to the subject matter of these Terms and conditions